Sunday, March 27, 2011

Monkeys





A still from the trailer of "Dai Gunjyu Nezura,"
("The Great Horde-Monster Nezura"). 1964?
The film about an invasion of giant rats
was conceived by the Daiei film studio
of Japan, but was never completed.




I have decided to confess to the world my dizzy infatuation for my pet rats, Ari and Nicholas (both males). And while I would not advise one to cuddle up to a feral rat, domestic fancy rats are smart and social, each with unique personalities.

Among the many nicknames I use to address my rats: monkeys, ratties, little mens, monkey pups, honey beans, and Ari pants. Now that it is clear that I am a nutcase, I think I will make my exit.

I have included a few photographs to help illustrate why I think that rats are so neat-o.

I hope you enjoy.

P.S. Nicholas is the boy with the wider white stripe on his nose. Ari's stripe is more narrow and a bit off-kilter.



Little man Nicholas is such a lovely little fellow.
I am endlessly fond of him.


As a general rule I do not dress up the rats. However,
sometimes I will make an exception. Hehehehehe




Nicholas eating a rattie snack (a raisin). Nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment