Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The ghost and the darkness..of the bin of toys at Value Village.


   I found two tigers sitting in a bin of small cast-away stuffed animals at Value Village. I imagined this assemblage of plushies (due to its proximity to a much larger bin of sizeable stuffed creatures) to be somewhat lonely and bitter about things. I immediately liberated the two cats from the malodorous bin, all the while looking suspiciously over my shoulder just in case another shopper had a mind to lift them from my person. They are the cat's pajamas.

   Aside from the label Tigeress [sic] , and Made in China, there are no other marks indicating when it had been made, or by whom. I'm not sure what shape their future will take, but it will be something befitting their stately form.


    The cats are about eight inches tall at the top of the head, and thirteen inches long from nose to tail.






No comments:

Post a Comment