Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How does your garden grow?

My lovely readers (all two of you), hello! I have been distracted by procrastination and other weaknesses as of late. I have been as busy as a bee working on the house and yard. Most of my free time has been lent experimenting with gardening and landscaping. In our small backyard plot I planted several varieties of basil, cilantro, onions, beans, multiple rows of brussel sprouts, carnival carrots, heirloom tomatoes, white cucumber and a few types of squash. Adrian and I also plan to build a large raised vegetable garden in the front yard, where I will go overboard in planting everything that I see at Northwest Seed and Pet. Here are some highlights:
This is the "door" to our under-the-porch compost bin. Belle the dog decided that our compost is pretty amazing, especially the kitchen waste bits. To keep the little lady from making a mess, I bought this lovely old window at Brown building Supply and created a gate.
The littlest rhubarb.

Beans and their little ladder

                                                          Brussel sprouts
Minty mint.
Pear tree!
I hope looking at pictures from another's garden isn't akin to your Great Aunt's Floridian vacation pictures. Thanks for looking in!
xKlara

2 comments:

  1. your garden is super fun to see! i love your blog. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti B! Thank you so much for the encouragement, you really made my day!
      -Klara

      Delete